Re: Make condition variables take absolute wakeup time

> Actually, I would expect modern compilers to know that and convert /4
> into >>2 internally, when advantageous.

Trouble is, they are not semantically equivalent, because hz is signed.
_We_ may know that it can never be negative, but the compiler doesn't
know that, because we didn't tell it so.

If hz were declared unsigned, I would expect >>2 and /4 to be
equivalent with an even vaguely decent compiler, yes.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost