Re: Request for testers - socket locking diff

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Andrew Doran wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 09:47:32PM +0100, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > - data being passed downwards is handed to the driver and it is up to the
> >   driver to arbitrate access. currently they all use splxxx() as
> >   appropriate.
>
> So downwards also uses a lock?

Not specifically, although bt_lock is not released while the driver is
called so there will be no concurrent driver calls.

> > perhaps this means the kernel_lock wrappers can come off the bluetooth
> > code?
>
> Does the lock also serialize access to the hardware and driver state, for
> example locking out device interrupts?

I think probably I will need to look at this later when I have a clearer
idea of what is required..

In the meantime I haven't noticed any troubles with the socket locking
(including ppp over bluetooth) so what you have is ok by me.

iain