Re: Power Management Framework architectural design

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 07:02:00AM +0000, Juha Keski-Saari wrote:
> Thank you for the clarification, with that information I can refine my
> suggestion. Since the power and clock domains concept is not a global
> one, probably we cannot impose change upon the PMF on its account.i

Well, I would have initially suggested to do this (partly) in the bus
device layer, but it would also be possible to introduce a new super
layer below that. The question is what is responsible for providing
values, e.g. whether to inherit them from the parent device (nice for MD
hooks).

Joerg