Re: System goes into complete hang

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:21:27 -0400 (EDT)
"Matthew Mondor" <mm_lists%pulsar-zone.net@localhost> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 Apr 2008 12:54:28
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> I think that should do it;  config should confirm if any more
> orphaned references exist.  Of course this is only one more test to
> try, as ACPI might or might not be involved at all with the problem...
> but definitely worth trying.

OK, I have removed all that stuff as well as the debug options since
they weren't helping find the problem.  The 32 second halts have
stopped at least so the system is usable.

I would like to help debug the problem but I don't know how to do that.
When it hangs there doesn't seem to be any way to find out where it is
hung.  In any case, at least I can narrow it down if it doesn't hang
again.  Sometimes it stays up for a few days so we will give it a week.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/