Re: pmf(9) and Xen domU suspending?

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 05:03:59PM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> I do not know the exact behaviour regarding kernel state for a
> suspend-to-RAM. Xen manipulates MMU directly, the domu is not (well, there
> are some corner cases like writable page tables, but it adds up complexity
> when restoring a VM).

That's why I was asking about dom0 vs domU. I am not sure if dom0 can be
done reasonably, but domU doesn't care much (at all?) about the physical
allocation.

I would advise you to look at acpi_enter_sleep_state first. Basically,
for now trigger the suspend via a sysctl. The pmf_system_* calls are for
suspending devices. The virtual Xen devices should detach themselve from
the hypervisor on suspend and look for the corresponding new resource on
resume. For the low level code you might not need to do anything at all,
but call some function of the hypervisor. I am not sure.

Joerg