Re: Playing with secmodel

Elad Efrat wrote:
Emmanuel Vadot wrote:

I've edited /usr/src/sys/conf/std
Here is the diff :

knuckles# diff /usr/src/sys/conf/std /usr/src/sys/conf/std.orig
20,22c20
< #options secmodel_bsd44       # Traditional 4.4BSD security model
< options secmodel_overlay
<
---
 > options secmodel_bsd44        # Traditional 4.4BSD security model
knuckles#

Well, I did the same -- I'm actually playing with the secmodel code
heavily -- and it's working okay:

phyre:elad {1} sysctl security.models
security.models.overlay.name = Overlay (on-top of bsd44)
security.models.overlay.securelevel = -1
security.models.overlay.curtain = 0
phyre:elad {2} test/rawsock
open raw socket: failed.
phyre:elad {3} su
Password:
You have mail.
phyre:elad {1} test/rawsock
open raw socket: success.
phyre:elad {2} exit
exit
phyre:elad {4}

Can you try a clean build with just the secmodel_overlay change (nothing
else) and see if it still doesn't work?

The fact nothing is printed except for kernel messages sounds very
weird; maybe you can break into ddb and see what's running?

-e.
I've found what is the problem.
The callback for device isn't define in the file in syssrc.tgz . The file version is 1.3.
Syncing with the last version work as expected.

--
Manu