Re: Patch: accept filters for NetBSD

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:36:27PM +0200, Elad Efrat wrote:
What's the motivation of adding the accept filters? I understand one may
be performance -- are there any relevant benchmarks? Is it possible to
hear more about why this is necessary, and what are planned future
extensions, if any?

The motivation for accept filters is to not have to worry about
connections until a certain amount of data was send. This helps reducing
the load on the server.

Yes, as you quoted above, I understand one motivation may be
performance.

Are there any benchmarks done on ~current NetBSD? :)

-e.