Re: Open Sound System goes BSD license

Porting the whole thing shouldn't be too difficult, as there is a
portability layer. IIRC, there are calls to the dreaded vtophys() in
there somewhere, so that probably would have to be addressed.  I major
showstopper for me, though, is that I have no idea how to teach it to
work with our new in-kernel linker.

Another possibility that I thought about is taking the virtual mixer
code and running it in userspace under pud(4).  In theory, we could
also dramatically improve our OSS compatability.  Others who know more
than I do will be able to better comment on this--I have my hands full
trying to comprehend the insanity of DRM right now. :(

Regards,

--Blair