Memory debugging question...

Hello,

I'm working on a NIC driver for a 10 Gbps NIC and I have the basics working,
but I clearly have a memory leak.  The thing is, I don't see the leak when I
look at the output of 'vmstat -m'.  I see the memory climb in the output of
'top' - it indicates that the "File" memory usage is continually climbing
when I have transfers happening.

So the basic question is "what memory usage would be considered 'File' memory
by 'top' but wouldn't show up in 'vmstat -m'?".  Of course, it's possible I'm
just not seeing it in the 'vmstat -m' output, but I've looked pretty hard!  :o)

I have a feeling the problem is due to mismatched "bus_dmamap_load..."/
"bus_dmamap_unload..." operations, but haven't been able to confirm that.

Any tips on tracking this down would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Patrick Klos
    Patrick Klos                           Email: patrick%klos.com@localhost
    Network/Embedded Software Engineer     Web:   http://www.klos.com/
    Klos Technologies, Inc.                Phone: 603-714-0195