Subject: Re: PR# install/28656 (Re: new cf-card wont boot)
To: HAMAJIMA Katsuomi <hamajima@nagoya.ydc.co.jp>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <toshii@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/01/2005 19:52:07
At Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:18:57 +0900 (JST),
HAMAJIMA Katsuomi wrote:
> > hase anyone solved the problem?
> >
> >> I think this is a know bug, because the same happens to me and others.
> >> (Sheree Hemphill, Dennis Luxen)
> >> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcarm/2004/10/18/0000.html
> >> Any regards about how to debug this would be usefull.
>
> I received the same problem from hpcmips user, and he sent PR
> install/28656. This problem occurs with recent CF of high-speed
> and high-capacity.
>
> I found reason of this problem is CF speed-up code(wd.c:1.279),
> but I cannot fix this problem because I do not have knowledge
> about ATA.

sys/arch/hpcarm/hpcarm/softintr.c rev. 1.9 should fix this problem
(for hpcarm).  I guess hpcmips's problem is also due to some interrupt
handling bug.

I imagine this problem happens only with newer CF cards as slower ones
(like my old 160MB SanDisk) raise interrupts after the interrupt
handler finishes.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro