Subject: Re: PR# install/28656 (Re: new cf-card wont boot)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/21/2004 18:08:49
On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 12:31:51AM +0900, SODA Noriyuki wrote:

> > I received the same problem from hpcmips user, and he sent PR
> > install/28656. This problem occurs with recent CF of high-speed
> > and high-capacity.
>
> > I found reason of this problem is CF speed-up code(wd.c:1.279),
>
> Does the problem happen on i386 port as well?
> Or, does it only happen on hpcarm and hpcmips?

My project uses Soekris (i386) boards with CF cards.  I don't know if this
is related, but if I mount a normally read-only FFS filesystem read-write,
create a non-empty file on the filesystem, remount read-only, and reboot,
the file is truncated to zero length after reboot.  Sometimes, if I
write a second file before remounting read-only, then the first file
is not truncated, but the second is.  I cannot reproduce this bug with
perfect reliability.

Dave