Subject: NetBSD source code for initio SCSI controllers, 9100's and U2W!
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/2000 08:54:50
I'm not on this list.. so please CC replies to me.

http://www.ioiscsi.com/bios.html

The above location is one of many OEM's for initio controllers.  Initio's home
page is http://www.initio.com .  If you go to the ioiscsi page however.. you
will find that they have FreeBSD 2.x drivers for the initio controllers model
9100U and A100 (A100 is a U2W controller).

Looking closer at this source, you will notice that not only is it written BY
initio, under a BSD lisc, but it is *allready ported* to NetBSD.  The code
makes no mention of what version NetBSD it is supposed to work with, but claims
it has been ported, and is littered with ifdef's for netbsd.

My guess would be that it was written for 1.3.

Getting this in the tree would be a major win.  I happen to have a 9100UW btw.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>