Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: API for environmental sensors
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/09/1999 16:37:45
On 09-Nov-99 Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Can we join this together with SAF-TE (see http://www.safte.org) and SES
> (ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/drafts/ses/ses-r08b.pdf) specifications so that
> SCSI based environmental sensors are also part of this?

I just took a quick look at the SES spec..  (that web site was unreachable)

I guess I'm looking for more clarification on what part of the spec you would
like to see supported..  "join together" is somewhat vauge.

From the SES spec..  I can say that including flags for the warning and
critical points, that could be flagged invalid by the driver would not be
unreasonable at all.. it woudln't take much space up either..

Or were you looking for something much more complex?

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>