Re: Notes on reent install of 10.0_RC4 on amd64 HP T730 thin client

On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 05:07:57PM +0000, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> However, using sysinst to configure the target fails.  All the GPT wedges are detached once the last set is instaled.
> Thus, a;ll(?) the "config" menu entries all fail:  Creating a user fails, there is no /home.  Same for setting a root password, or saving network config to the (target) /etc.  Am I the only one seeing this??

How did you get there? During installation, after set extracation the
root password is prompted and then you get to the config menu. At this
point all target mounts are still available and only when you are done
with configuration the target disk gets unmounted and all wedges are
removed - installation has finished.

If you get back into sysinst later and just try to configure something,
it will (since you booted from CD eroneously) assume you are configuring
the running system (i.e. use your current /) and configure that.

If you try to update your installation instead and point it to the correct
root disk/wedge you should be able to configure things for the target
again.

Martin