Re: Proposing PKGIN inside installer from cd0a

Jay Patel <jaypatel.ani%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Hello Martin,
>
> Currently extsrc copied pkgin binary to binary/sets folder. But we can have
> separate cd0a://extpkgs to be used with pkg_add after install finish.
>
> Or  another way is to have postinstall script run which fetches pkgs from
> cd at firstboot
>
> Regards,
> Jay

I think the big question is how to set this up in an automated way given
that we do not build packages as part of the base system release build.
Because packages are not in general cross buildable, they can't just be
added.  Still, it is possible to arrange to use the official built
packages when they exist, leading to some install CDs having pkgin, and
some not, in an automated way.   All that remains is to write some code :)