Re: Proposing PKGIN inside installer from cd0a

Hello Martin,

Currently extsrc copied pkgin binary to binary/sets folder. But we can have separate cd0a://extpkgs to be used with pkg_add after install finish.

Or  another way is to have postinstall script run which fetches pkgs from cd at firstboot

Regards,
Jay

On Fri 1 Mar, 2019, 1:14 PM Martin Husemann, <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 01, 2019 at 11:25:53AM +0530, Jay Patel wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> from usr.sbin/sysinst/configmenu.c
> We can have something similar to get pkgin from cd0a rather than FTP

The installer is flexible, but we need the binary pkg on the CD image
first. How do you wan to put it there?

Martin