Re: Adding makemandb as build tool for man.db

>> On slow/small enough machines you might want to disable cron
>> altogether (or all of daily/weekly/monthly).
> The smaller the machine, the more important proper house-keeping
> becomes.

Perhaps-- but opinions differ, shall we say, on what relation "proper
housekeeping" bears to "/etc/{daily,weekly,monthly}".  Personally, I
have negative interest in getting mail every day, week, and month when
there is nothing worth reporting in that mail.  But others disagree,
which is why that's easily configurable.

I would argue against disabling cron by default anywhere, but I would
also argue against making it difficult - or crippling - for the
admin/installer to disable it.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign