Re: Adding makemandb as build tool for man.db

David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>What do people think of the following diff to sysinst to add makemandb=NO
>to rc.conf on slow or low memory machines:

I would also put run_makemandb=NO in /etc/daily.conf for slow machines.

At least some of the slow machines lack a RTC and it can take a while to
pick up the correct time from an external source. This can mean that
cron starts up some daily tasks at the wrong time.

I would also guess that most of the slow machines are not left running
continuously. Maybe we need to look at what other things would normally
be run by cron.

Robert Swindells