Re: [Feature Request] UUID in fstab.

Hello Utkarsh,

Thus wrote Utkarsh Anand (utkarsh009%yandex.com@localhost):

> You can use anything you like while making manual entries in /etc/fstab.

On Linux: if your devices are in danger of being reordered and you
try to get a rebootable system, sometimes UUID is the only and frequently
the best bet.

[...]
> As you can see, the device changed to /dev/sdd but UUID stayed the same.

On a NetBSD, the NAME= also would have stayed the same.

You are missing the point I am trying to make.

I am not debating that we should use identifiers on media.

I am saying they should not look like this:
'4fa7a5d1-0670-4c56-90d2-c4c41139194b'
because using '4fa7a5d1-0670-4c56-90d2-c4c41139194b' and keeping it
apart from '4fa7a5d1-0670-4c56-90d2-c4d41138194b' is not easy.
They should look like "mysystem-usr-pkg" instead.

regards,
	spz