Re: [Feature Request] UUID in fstab.

Thus wrote Utkarsh Anand (utkarsh009%yandex.com@localhost):

> I don't know for sure, but has there been any discussion on using UUID instead
> of partition names (like /dev/wd0a) for entries in /etc/fstab by default?
> Device names might change for people in due course of time (say, Adding a new
> HDD or SSD) and in such situations, it's a good idea to use UUID instead.

Using UUIDs is a -terrible- idea when you can use e.g.:
NAME=ftp-base   /ftp  ffs     rw,log,noexec,nodev,noatime,nocoredump  1 2
instead.  We 'just' need to start supporting gpt in sysinst.

UUIDs are seriously not human friendly. As soon as you cannot cut&paste,
they are downright human hostile, especially if you have a lot
of an element that use them.

regards,
	spz