Re: Mount disks by label

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014, Diego M. wrote:
I was searching the whole day and I simply cannot find a clear answer, is there any way to mount disks/partitions using labels on NetBSD?

If you kernel uses wedges (using the kernel options documented in the dk(4) man page), then you can use syntax like NAME=xxx in /etc/fstab (see the fstab(5) man page). Wedges are not yet well integrated.

For example, on debian I would look for it on /dev/disk/by-label, particularly I'm looking for a disks labeled as "CONTEXT", and if it exists I have to mount it somewhere to take the context.sh file from it.

I think there are custom scripts you can hook into devpubd to get something like /dev/disk/by-label, but it's not standard.

--apb (Alan Barrett)