Re: CVS commit: src/distrib

        (CCing tech-install@, as it may be worth continuing there, please
        drop source-changes-d@ from any followup).

        To anyone tuning in on tech-install@, this is regarding merging
        34 various mini termcap variants under distrib into a single
        ~7K version.

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

Can't it use src/distrib/common/mktermcap script?

        With the ~same set of terminals (actually dropping 'unknown'),
        mktermcap generates a 7723 byte termcap file, as opposed to the
        6987 byte 'hand crafted' one. Its not really much different,
        but on very space constrained install media maybe thats enough
        to make a difference? I'm not certain which way to go...

IMO, two fragments in ffs (that will be smaller after gzipped
for install media which often has actuall size restrictions)
might be worth to reduce maintenance cost in future because
most these files (and installer itself) are rarely maintained
as you see.

        I'm hoping to try to cleanup the unholy mess which is distrib
        a little. I'd like to provide more common ramdisk generation
        infrastructure so that most ports can just have a Makefile
        with half a dozen settings and an 'extras' list file, thus
        making things a little more maintainable.