Re: lvm sysinst patch

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 11:42:35PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Adam Hamsik wrote:
> >Any comments ?
>
> Is offering the menu item really worth the increase in space for the
> ramdisk? If there's a deeper thought, then this should be reflected in the
> install docs, at least ("If you intend to use LVM, do ...").
>
> Having LVM documented in the NetBSD Guide could go as a nice alternative
> for this (Have a chapter "How to install a system with LVM enabled" in
> the Guide, and the reference this in the install docs).

imo, if we're going to offer a feature and have any desire for it to be
widely used it should be obviously present in the "normal" way of installing
a system.
You seem to be arguing *against* making the use of lvm user friendly.  Am
I interpreting you correctly?  And if so, why?
(I'm assuming that the menu item to run "lvm" actually does something
 user friendly, but I haven't looked at it)

eric