Re: Z80s and 6502s

On 07/06/2012 06:45 AM, Andy Ball wrote:
>   DM> You wanted to discuss Z80s and 6502s here?
>
>     This seems as good a place as any.  Do you use a cross-
> assembler from pkgsrc?

  Nope.  Sadly I do nearly all of my embedded development under Linux
and Solaris these days.  I run lots of NetBSD machines, but they're all
"production" roles, usually as firewalls and routers, mostly at customer
sites but one here.  I use sparc64 (Netra X1s mostly...tiny, cheap, low
power) for that stuff.

  I do some work in support of the SDCC project; it targets Z80 as well
as many other "small" processors, but not 6502.  The snapshot builds of
SDCC are done here on my network, including the binaries for
NetBSD-i386.  I have a biggish VMware ESXi host system here and that
test/build machine resides on there.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ