Re: ***SPAM*** Re: Roadblocks to further widespread adoption of NetBSD in embedded systems (at least in my neck of the woods)

On 03/27/2010 05:33 AM, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Rafal Jaworowski <raj%semihalf.com@localhost>
wrote:
FWIW: FreeBSD has recently grown an extensible NAND framework, which is in
quite decent and usable state at the moment already (includes a full ONFI
device system simulator):

http://p4db.freebsd.org/changeList.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/nand2/...
http://wiki.freebsd.org/NAND#head-9a32aaa85046b2f9f9219e36ba34947ca47a4153

Among the already supported are NAND controllers found in Marvell and Freescale
devices.

This looks promising.  Thanks for working on this.
This is FreeBSD detecting NAND on an Avila Gateworks 2348-4 board [1]:

cfi0: <Intel/Sharp - 16MB> on ixp0
cfid0 on cfi0

(I'll consider to port this to NetBSD oneday(tm).)
Please do today!
:)

[1]: http://www.gateworks.com/products/avila/gw2348-4.php

Marcin