Re: replace a legacy proprietary RTOS (Real-Time executive) with NetBSD!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As I mentioned in the beginning, our goal is to replace a proprietary
RTOS with NetBSD with no/subtle changes to the original application.
It is possible that the original application is accessing the devices
in an ad-hoc manner as the RTOS lacks its own I/O subystem. So we are
thinking to port the application in several steps, the inital step
being porting the whole original application into a single user space
process. Later into multiple-user space processes and few parts to the
kernel space. While the kind of devices that the application accesses
range from simple serial device (UART) to the complex hw accelerators
for multimedia.

Thanks in advance,
Thiru