Re: replace a legacy proprietary RTOS (Real-Time executive) with NetBSD!

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Few other specific questions:
- Is there a message queue/mailbox mechanism inside the kernel for
communication between two kernel tasks? or do we need to go for a
custom implementation.

- is there a semaphore implementation for usage from kernel space? I
could see mutex(9), but not semaphore.

- is there a kernel space timer APIs to handle addition of a soft
timer, deletion, modification etc functions.

- can the interrupts be field in the user-space in case we decide to
port some of the device/IO access code to the user space to minimize
the porting changes?

Thanks in advance,
Thiru