Re: Summary so far...

> Allen Briggs <briggs%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
> > ---+++ Debug / optimization
> >    * Power management (conserve power when idle / semi-idle)
> >       * powertop-like functionality?
> >       * power usage logging / reporting facilities
>
> Power management on handheld devices is not an optimization.  Battery
> life often determines the market acceptance of a handheld device.

I read that differently. Allen is saying the system needs utilities
(i.e. power-top) that help designers/implementors evaluate what is
using the most power, and give them information to optimize their
designs.

--
David Maxwell, david%vex.net@localhost|david%maxwell.net@localhost --> Although
some of you out