Re: Performance experiences with WRAP Boards?

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:53:42 +0200, Christian Hattemer
<c.hattemer%arcor.de@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've nearly decided to get myself a WRAP board to replace my current router.
>
> I was told that the CPU power should be more than enough for the intended
> applications pppoe, nat and ipf as well as dnscache, ntpd and irssi with
> proxy and perl support. But I'd like to hear some hands-on experience from
> users with simmilar sets of applications. Any comments?

I'm using a Soekris 4801 -- approximately the same specs -- bridging two
house networks to the outbound third network.  I'd be doing NAT, too,
except that my cable modem already does that.

I ran ttcp between two of the house machines, going through the Soekris; I
got 80M bps, and the limiting factor could have been one of the endpoints;
it's only about 400M Hz.