Re: Flash translation layer

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:13:25 +0100
Alex Allan <alex.allan%urn1350.net@localhost> wrote:

: Hello everyone,

Hi Alex.

: I'm a third-year computer science student at Nottingham University,
UK. : I'm about to start my final dissertation and am interested in
: researching operating systems wrt embedded devices.
:
: I have noticed that a 'flash translation layer' was suggested as part
: of the Google Summer of Code project but wasn't taken up as a project.

Just out of couriousity, what is a "flash translation layer" ?

: I'd be interested in this and would be more than willing to spend the
: time on it.
:
: If anyone could offer me some pointers (or a mentorship!) or let me
: know if it was decided that this wasn't needed, had already been
done, : etc then it would be much appreciated!
:
: Thanks,
:
: Alex