Flash translation layer

Hello everyone,

I'm a third-year computer science student at Nottingham University, UK. I'm about to start my final dissertation and am interested in researching operating systems wrt embedded devices.

I have noticed that a 'flash translation layer' was suggested as part of the Google Summer of Code project but wasn't taken up as a project.

I'd be interested in this and would be more than willing to spend the time on it.

If anyone could offer me some pointers (or a mentorship!) or let me know if it was decided that this wasn't needed, had already been done, etc then it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

--
Alex Allan