Re: installation freezed

Marcin Jessa wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:21:14 +0100
"lepingouin.tux" <lepingouin.tux%laposte.net@localhost> wrote:

Hello,

I burned a cd with i386cd.iso and I boot it on my computer (geode 266MHz, x86). I set all options by default and the installation freeze on this message :

Setting up the DOS partition table ...

What's going on ??

I have a 2GB harddrive

Could you please explain what you do?

After booting the i386 CD you get into installation process and try to
partition your disk and then it hangs somewhere?
I m trying to install netBSD on a harddrive (2GB), for this I downloaded the last (2.0.2) iso CD and burned it (on RW). I set all option by default (full install, all hard drive, ...) but after all partition setting sysinst freeze on "Setting up the DOS partition table ..."

I tried an older version (1.6.2) with the same parameters, and it can modify the partition, but i have some warning about cylinders. But when I want to install the distribution sysinst can't find my CD (it very strange because I booted on !)

Btw, did you try my LiveCD yet? I found a few bugs when I posted you the link
to it which I quickly fixed.
You may try it again and see how it goes. It will automatically partition your
wd0 and install the O.S.
Yes I just tried your new livecd, but when I reboot I have this message :

boot : hd0a:onebsd.gz : No such file or directory
open onebsd.gz : no such file or directory

http://www.wifibsd.org/downloads/netbsd/v0.12/wifibsd-livecd.iso