Re: [beginer] netBSD on pc104

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:32:17 +0100
"lepingouin.tux" <lepingouin.tux%laposte.net@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to know if it's possible to use netBSD on my pc104 card, and I
> want to use USB-HID device on it.
Cyrix is x86 and should be working fine.

> my card :
>
> complete information at http://www.usattro.com/HS-4020.htm
>
> Processor Socket      Embedded Cyrix Meida GX low power CPU
> Processor Speeds      Cyrix 266Mhz
> BIOS  Award BIOS, Y2K compliant, DMI, Plug and Play
> Chipset       Cyrix Media GX, Cyrix CX5530
> Bus Speed     66/100MHz
> Memory        One 168-pin DIMM socket provides up to 128MB SDRAM
> Onboard IDE   Two IDE disk drives support LBA mode with data rating 33MB/sec
> Onboard LAN   NS 83815 100 based LAN
> PC104         One PC/104 Bus connector for 16bit ISA Bus
> USB   Support two USB ports
> Keyboard      PS/2 6-pin Mini Din or 5-pin header
> Mouse         PS/2 6-pin Mini Din
> Onboard SSD   DIP socket supports 8MB DiskOnChip Flash Disks
>
> If it's necessary I can plug cdrom, floppy drive and harddrive to
> install it.
Seems like your mobo supports those devices.

> Is 8MB DiskOnChip enough and if not how many space I need.
Enough for what? It's enough for simple routing/firewalling but if you need
more features, I'd suggest you at least twice the size.
Are 8MB modules avaliable anymore ? I cant find anything <64M now a days.
Anyway, why do you need it since you're gonna use a HD ?

> On my host computer I use Linux (kubuntu) can I use it to program and
> compile netbsd applications ?
Yes, you can cross-compile NetBSD on Linux.