Re: CF mounted on wd0

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:11:28 +0200
Werner Backes <werner%bit-1.de@localhost> wrote:

> Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > Isn't MEMORY_DISK_ROOT_SIZE= needed to be able to load rootfs into kernel
> > and decompress and mount it afterwards?
>
> You have to decide what you want: memory disk root or CF root. If you
> want your root to be on a CF (wd0), then why do yo think you need the
> memory disk? Just throw your kernel and all your binaries onto the CF,
> make it bootable and everything should work (that's how I did it).
> You could even leave the CF r/w, if you don't have too many write
> operations to /tmp and/or /var/tmp

I dont want to copy hundreds of files to the CF. I want to have one image which
I can dd to the CF.
The the kernel would load the rootfs and mount it. On FreeBSD the boot loader
can load file system from a compressed images.
AFAIK NetBSD needs the image to be inserted into kernel which then extract it
to memory and mounts.
What I am trying to do is to mount the rootfs on the CF (wd0) instead of md0.