Re: CF mounted on wd0

Marcin Jessa wrote:
Yes, I want the rootfs not to be using memory of my devices and rather store
all the configs on the CF.
The rootfs will be mounted ro on the CF and never change/get written to, except
for system upgrades.
I will mount /tmp as a rw memory file system instead and create a couple of
symlinks for applications that need write to the CF, like dhclient etc.
All the memory avaliable on the device can then be used to run the applications
instead.

I've been running devices with md0 mounted / but that makes no sense having a
robust rw device like CF.

Why not get rid of of the MEMORY_* options entirely then? You're basically asking how to revert to standard behaviour after changing to a memory disk root, unless I completey misunderstand your issue?

Regards,

ND