Re: Embedded development platform

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Brian Rose wrote:
>  >     env CVS_RSH=ssh CVSROOT=anoncvs%anoncvs.netbsd.org@localhost:/cvsroot
> cvs co src
>
> I was trying to keep everything in the release that I was working on. I did
> not want to be tripped up with broken builds and such. But I guess the
> system sources ought to be stable.

IC... well, you can try adding -rnetbsd-2-0 for the stable branch, but I
agree that not having a moving target is better in your situation.
At least until it's stable. :)

>  >>6) Build the toolchain - './build.sh tools'
>  >>7) Build the tools for the Coldfire (M68K) - './build.sh -m m68k tools'
> My thinking was that I would need the naitive compiler to build the cross
> compiler.

Um, NetBSD already comes with a compiler. ;)
There *might* even be a chance that the whole build framework works on
Solaris and/or Linux, but I've never tried that. I can confirm it works
fine on NetBSD. ;)

> What I am looking for is a simple makefile that assembles this file and
> then translates this .o file into a S19 record (used by the target boot rom
> to load code via the serial console). I figured if someone had a makefile,
> I could pick it apart and research the command that they are using.

I can give you a Makefile to do the first party, but that's probably
drivial to put "gcc foo.S -o foo" into a Makefile, assuming you know a
little about make. I have no idea about the translation into a S19 file -
that'll be your task.

 - Hubert

--
                         ,,_