Motorola Coldfire 52xx

I recently landed a job doing embedded development work on Motorola coldfire processors. They are currently using a bunch of different commercial tools to program, download and debug (on Windows). I was wondering if anyone is using NetBSD for development with this family of products.

Ideally I'd like to use it for all aspects of development - edit, compile or assemble, download, and debugging via the BDM port. I've seen bits and pieces of most of these scattered about and I was wondering if anyone was successful in putting it all together.

Once I get the tools figured out, I would like to spend some of my time trying to port NetBSD to this platform. But I gotta walk before I can run.

Any insight is appreciated,

--

Brian