Re: swap space for a memory based filesystem

nmahajan%hss.hns.com@localhost writes:
> we are observing that the file copied decreases the top shown free memory ?

That is totally normal.

> This goes on even if we issue sync command (wasnt it supposed to write back
> these dirty pages back to disk ?)

It does, but it keeps the clean pages in memory in case you need to
read them again soon. If the system needs the memory for something
else it will just throw the clean pages away since it doesn't need to
keep them around. There is no unexpected behavior here.

Perry