Re: swap space for a memory based filesystem

nmahajan%hss.hns.com@localhost wrote:
> The File and Free are proportinately increased and decreased by same amount
> respectively.

This is because kernel sees the MFS as just a 'file system' and
tries to cache the file data in the memory. The file data cache
is what the 'File' value displays.

For you purposes (whole system on MFS), I'd try to lower setting
for following sysctl nodes:

vm.filemin
vm.filemax
vm.bufcache

e.g. via:

sysctl -w vm.filemin=3
sysctl -w vm.filemax=5

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek%NetBSD.org@localhost>            http://www.NetBSD.cz/
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-