Re: NetBSD cross compile from Win32?

[ On Tuesday, January 30, 2001 at 00:00:29 (-0500), Andrew Gillham wrote: ]
> Subject: NetBSD cross compile from Win32?
>
> What would it take to build a NetBSD/xxxx cross compile environment
> on Windows?  I managed to get make running under cygwin, and config
> mostly worked, but I didn't have a lot of success trying to get gcc
> to configure.

Are you a sucker for punishment, or what!!?!?!!  :-)

> The reason I'm posting this to tech-embed is that I think it would be
> nice to have a fairly easy to install/use toolchain that a Windows
> user can target NetBSD with.  While most people are willing to install
> NetBSD to host a cross compile environment, for embedded developers it
> would be nice to provide a Windows friendly system.

My understanding was most embedded developers were already comfortable
with unix-like programming environments.

If that's no longer true then perhaps its long past time to provide
tools that would make them comfortable with a unix programming
environment.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods%acm.org@localhost>