[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: src
Module Name: src
Committed By: maxv
Date: Sun Jan 6 16:10:51 UTC 2019
src/lib/libnvmm: libnvmm.3 libnvmm_x86.c nvmm.h
src/sys/dev/nvmm: nvmm.c nvmm.h
src/sys/dev/nvmm/x86: nvmm_x86.h nvmm_x86_svm.c
Improvements and fixes in NVMM.
* Don't take an extra (unneeded) reference to the UAO.
* Provide npc for HLT. I'm not really happy with it right now, will
likely be revisited.
* Add the INT_SHADOW, INT_WINDOW_EXIT and NMI_WINDOW_EXIT states. Provide
them in the exitstate too.
* Don't take the TPR into account when processing INTs. The virtualizer
can do that itself (Qemu already does).
* Provide a hypervisor signature in CPUID, and hide SVM.
* Ignore certain MSRs. One special case is MSR_NB_CFG in which we set
NB_CFG_INITAPICCPUIDLO. Allow reads of MSR_TSC.
* If the LWP has pending signals or softints, leave, rather than waiting
for a rescheduling to happen later. This reduces interrupt processing
time in the guest (Qemu sends a signal to the thread, and now we leave
right away). This could be improved even more by sending an actual IPI
to the CPU, but I'll see later.
* Fix the MMU translation of large pages, we need to add the lower bits
* Change the IO and Mem structures to take a pointer rather than a
static array. This provides more flexibility.
* Batch together the str+rep IO transactions. We do one big memory
read/write, and then send the IO commands to the hypervisor all at
once. This considerably increases performance.
* Decode MOVZX.
With these changes in place, Qemu+NVMM works. I can install NetBSD 8.0
in a VM with multiple VCPUs, connect to the network, etc.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 src/lib/libnvmm/libnvmm.3
cvs rdiff -u -r1.9 -r1.10 src/lib/libnvmm/libnvmm_x86.c
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 src/lib/libnvmm/nvmm.h
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 src/sys/dev/nvmm/nvmm.c
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 src/sys/dev/nvmm/nvmm.h
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 src/sys/dev/nvmm/x86/nvmm_x86.h
cvs rdiff -u -r1.9 -r1.10 src/sys/dev/nvmm/x86/nvmm_x86_svm.c
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |