[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS import: src/share/zoneinfo
Module Name: src
Committed By: apb
Date: Wed Aug 6 18:36:59 UTC 2014
Update of /cvsroot/src/share/zoneinfo
In directory ivanova.netbsd.org:/tmp/cvs-serv21871
Import tzdata2014f from ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/releases/tzdata2014f.tar.gz
Summary of changes in tzdata2014f (2014-08-05 17:42:36 -0700):
* Russia will subtract an hour from most of its time zones on 2014-10-26
at 02:00 local time. There are some exception.
* The following new zones are added to deal with changes in Russia:
Asia/Chita and Asia/Srednekolymsk.
* Australian eastern time zone abbreviations are now AEST/AEDT not EST,
and similarly for the other Australian zones.
* Asia/Novokuznetsk shifts from NOVT to KRAT (remaining on UTC+7)
effective 2014-10-26 at 02:00 local time.
* The time zone abbreviation for Xinjiang Time (observed in Ürümqi)
has been changed from URUT to XJT.
* Prefer MSK/MSD for Moscow time in Russia, even in other cities.
* Change time zone abbreviations in (western) Samoa to use "ST" and
"DT" suffixes, as this is more likely to match common practice.
* America/Metlakatla now uses PST, not MeST, to abbreviate its time zone.
* Time zone abbreviations have been updated for Japan's two time
zones used 1896-1937.
* China's five zones have been simplified to two, since the post-1970
differences in the other three seem to have been imaginary. The
zones Asia/Harbin, Asia/Chongqing, and Asia/Kashgar have been
removed; backwards-compatibility links still work, albeit with
different behaviors for time stamps before May 1980. Asia/Urumqi's
1980 transition to UTC+8 has been removed, so that it is now at
UTC+6 and not UTC+8.
* Some zones have been turned into links, when they differed from existing
zones only for older UTC offsets where the data were likely invented.
The affected zones are: Africa/Bamako, Africa/Banjul,
Africa/Conakry, Africa/Dakar, Africa/Freetown, Africa/Lome,
Africa/Nouakchott, Africa/Ouagadougou, Africa/Sao_Tome, and
Atlantic/St_Helena. This also affects the backwards-compatibility
* Asia/Shanghai's pre-standard-time UT offset has been changed from
8:05:57 to 8:05:43, the location of Xujiahui Observatory. Its
transition to standard time has been changed from 1928 to 1901.
* Asia/Taipei switched to JWST on 1896-01-01, then to JST on 1937-10-01,
then to CST on 1945-09-21 at 01:00, and did not observe DST in 1945.
In 1946 it observed DST from 05-15 through 09-30; in 1947
from 04-15 through 10-31; and in 1979 from 07-01 through 09-30.
* Asia/Riyadh's transition to standard time is now 1947-03-14, not 1950.
* Europe/Helsinki's 1942 fall-back transition was 1942-10-04 at 01:00, not
1942-10-03 at 00:00.
* Pacific/Pago_Pago has been changed from UTC-11:30 to UTC-11 for the period
from 1911 to 1950.
* Pacific/Chatham has been changed to New Zealand standard time plus
45 minutes for the period before 1957, reflecting a 1956 remark in
the New Zealand parliament.
* Europe/Budapest has several pre-1946 corrections.
* Africa/Accra is now assumed to have observed DST from 1920 through 1935.
* Time in Russia before 1927 or so has been corrected by a few seconds in
the following zones: Europe/Moscow, Asia/Irkutsk, Asia/Tbilisi,
Asia/Tashkent, Asia/Vladivostok, Asia/Yekaterinburg, Europe/Helsinki, and
* A new file 'zone1970.tab' supersedes 'zone.tab' in the installed data.
The new file's extended format allows multiple country codes per zone.
The older file is still installed but is deprecated; its format is
not changing and it will still be distributed for a while, but new
applications should use the new file.
* The file 'iso3166.tab' is planned to switch from ASCII to UTF-8.
It is still ASCII now, but commentary about the switch has been added.
* Changes affecting documentation and commentary.
Vendor Tag: TZDATA
Release Tags: TZDATA2014F
4 conflicts created by this import.
Use the following command to help the merge:
cvs checkout -jTZDATA:yesterday -jTZDATA src/share/zoneinfo
Main Index |
Thread Index |