[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: src/sys/dev/ic
Module Name: src
Committed By: bouyer
Date: Sun Aug 26 16:05:29 UTC 2012
src/sys/dev/ic: mfi.c mfireg.h mfivar.h
After discussion on tech-kern@, fix performance issue related to
cache flush commands from WAPBL, by skipping the cache flush if the
BBU is present and considered good. Users which still want the write back
cache with a non-working BBU can set vfs.wapbl.flush_disk_cache to 0.
- add commands to monitor the BBU state. Add a boolean BBU sensor
to monitor the BBU state via sysmon_envsys(9).
- if the BBU is considered good, turn SCSI_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE_10 and
SCSI_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE_16 commands from upper layer into NOOPs.
While there, handle SCSI_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE_16 in addition to
- Add a shutdown pmf(9) handler, which flushes the cache and shutdown the
- on detach, also flush cache and shutdown firmware.
- on attach, print the firmware-provided name, and the BBU state
Tested on a LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i and a PERC 5/i Integrated
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.44 -r1.45 src/sys/dev/ic/mfi.c
cvs rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 src/sys/dev/ic/mfireg.h
cvs rdiff -u -r1.18 -r1.19 src/sys/dev/ic/mfivar.h
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |