[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: src/external/ibm-public/postfix
Module Name: src
Committed By: christos
Date: Tue Feb 15 16:19:33 UTC 2011
From Anon Ymous:
1) libsaslc is an SASL client only.
2) dovecot is an SASL server only.
3) cyrus-sasl is both a client and a server.
4) postfix allows us to have multiple SASL servers and clients.
5) The SASL server to use at runtime is determined by the setting of
"smtpd_sasl_type" in main.cf (note that is smtpd_ not smtp_). If
that is not set, then it defaults to the value of
DEF_SERVER_SASL_TYPE at build time, which if not set, defaults to
"cyrus". See postfix/dist/src/global/mail_params.h.
6) The SASL client to use at runtime is determined by the setting of
"smtp_sasl_type" in main.cf. If that is not set, then it defaults
to the value of DEF_CLIENT_SASL_TYPE at build time, which if not
set, defaults to "cyrus". See postfix/dist/src/global/mail_params.h.
7) If MKCRYPTO is "no", libsaslc will not link as it requires the
crypto libraries, so libsaslc cannot be enabled (as it was before)
8) I have made the definition of DEF_CLIENT_SASL_TYPE conditional on
MKCRYPTO due to (7). Without crypto it will default to cyrus.
9) HAVE_CYRUS_SASL is _never_ defined during a normal build and _never_
should be! It is there for the convenience of users who wish to
install cyrus-sasl and rebuild postfix with it. It is also very
useful for testing if it is suspected that something might be wrong
with libsaslc. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE IT!
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.8 -r1.9 src/external/ibm-public/postfix/Makefile.inc
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |