[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: src/sys/dev/drm
Module Name: src
Committed By: bjs
Date: Tue May 6 01:26:14 UTC 2008
src/sys/dev/drm: drmP.h drm_irq.c drm_memory.c drm_pci.c
A few steps down the yellow brick road toward bus_dma-ification:
- Add drm_dmamem_alloc/drm_dmamem_free to drm_memory.c to nicely wrap up
the bus_dma API.
- Start using the above in drm_pci.c.
- Add DRM_NETBSD_DMA_ADDR/DRM_NETBSD_DMA_VADDR macros.
- Use IPL_NONE for all locks except the IRQ lock, which runs at IPL_VM.
- Use IPL_VM instead of IPL_TTY with pci_intr_establish() for consistency's
sake. These two changes seem to eliminate the presistent lockups I was
having (NetBSD-current/amd64 r300).
- Start getting rid of DRM_SPININIT/DRM_SPINUNINIT and DRM_SPINLOCK/
DRM_SPINUNLOCK ... these annoy me to no end--not to mention that they
locks may or may not be spinlocks! It's a linux frob, really.
We're way beyond merging any useful bsd-core code on a large scale, which
was the only good reason to keep them around.
- Change drm_memory.c so that it contains generally useful, memory
allocation functions using kmem(9) (mostly used by the drivers
themselves). However, I expect to use this more in the future
in the "bsd core". These functions always use KM_NOSLEEP.
The new drm_dmamem_alloc function has a wait argument which
takes DRM_DMA_WAIT/DRM_DMA_NOWAIT (defined as their bus_dma
counterparts), and honors this hint in its calls to kmem(9)
and bus_dma(9) functions.
- Got rid of these functions' "area" argument--it's been deprecated for
ages. Provide macros in drmP.h to deal with the os-independent code.
- Declare these functions inline -- I believe they're used enough
by the i915 and radeon drivers to justify it. Please let me know
if I am mistaken.
NOTE: With these changes, a glxgears score which was previously
~3900fps is now ~4400fps (same setup as mentioned above). I realize
that using kmem(9) could cause problems, but I can't seem to run into
any with my test setup. If anyone smells regression, please let me
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.20 -r1.21 src/sys/dev/drm/drmP.h
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 src/sys/dev/drm/drm_irq.c src/sys/dev/drm/drm_memory.c \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |