[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: src/sys/dev
Module Name: src
Committed By: xtraeme
Date: Wed Jan 2 23:45:03 UTC 2008
src/sys/dev: bio.c biovar.h
Improve the bio(4) API for incoming changes to arcmsr(4) (and perhaps
other drivers in the future):
- Added BIOC_SVCHECKING to the BIOCVOL ioctl, to know if a volume is
running a consistency check.
- Added three more volume levels for the BIOCVOL ioctl.
- Added BIOC_SDPASSTHRU to the BIOCDISK ioctl, to know if a disk is
in pass-through mode.
- Added BIOCDISK_NOVOL; it's used with the same reason than BIOCDISK,
but it's used only to get information about the physical disks connected
in a controller (regardless if they are in a volume set or not).
- Added BIOC_SSDELHOTSPARE, BIOC_SSPASTHRU, BIOC_SSDELPASSTHRU,
BIOC_SSCHECKSTART_VOL and BIOC_SSCHECKSTOPVOL; to remove a hot-spare,
add and remove a pass-through disk and to start/stop a consistency
check in a volume.
- Added the BIOC_VOLOPS ioctl; to create/remove a volume set.
- Removed the BIOCCREATERAID ioctl, it was too limited for my needs.
- Added compatibility ioctls for BIOCDISK and BIOCVOL, enabled via COMPAT_30.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 src/sys/dev/bio.c
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 src/sys/dev/biovar.h
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |