Regional-nyc archive

Re: beer!

On Oct 9, 2008, at 12:02 PM, George Rosamond wrote:

Enzo's? That's crazy talk.

Not that I believe everything on the internet, but. ..

http://www.yelp.com/biz/enzos-pizza-new-york

OTOH. . . these are two different types of pizza. . .

Enzo's is old school NYC pizza that seems to have disappeared in the 90's. . . and Lil Frankie's seems to be classic Napolitano pizza. . . so we're talking apples and oranges. . . or maybe peccorino and mozzarella.

Let's just say the only two places to eat pizza are Naples and New York.

But you don't have the dirty Naples water in NYC. . . so there's no real Napolitano pizza in NYC.

I'll buy that its typical of the NYC slice shops etc (Ray's et al), but when I think best pizza in NYC I think Grimaldi's, Patsy's, Lombardi's, Arturo's, all places that have been around long enough to still be allowed to use a coal oven (not naples like) to get that perfect char on the thin crust.

This discussion is much better suited to tonight with drinks though. :)

Chris.