Re: How to enable PC-Console on boot

On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 04:15:06PM +0100, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> Am 02.02.2021 um 16:06 schrieb Manuel Bouyer:
> >
> > I'm not sure what consdev would do with a Xen multiboot.
> > But something like this may work:
> >
> > menu=Boot Xen:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz root=NAME=root console=pc;multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=512M console=vga dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin
> >

> This is similiar to what I tried before,

not exactly; you had console=pc as argument to Xen, here it is as
argument to NetBSD.

> but it obviously does not boot the
> system (at least I can't reach it via SSH). Since I don't see anything on
> the console, I can only speculate. My intermediate conclusion is that
> apparently specifying root=NAME=root and console=pc at the same time invokes
> some kind of conflict. Hence the question for a formal description of
> boot.cfg, which would be helpful for this probably quite special case. In

the arguments in the Xen and non-Xen cases are different. I'm not
sure if the Xen case is properly documented in boot.cfg

In you case, I think the conflict is between UEFI, and how the kernel
tries to use the VGA adapter.