Re: issues upgrading to 4.13

Hello,

Am 28.01.2021 um 00:48 schrieb Andrew Parker:
I see the same problem with 100% xenstored CPU using the latest xentools411.
NetBSD PV domUs launch just fine, but Fedora HVM domUs never make it past the
SeaBIOS boot phase.  I'm able to reliably reproduce the issue.

This behavior goes away for me after backing out the XSA-115-c xenstored
patches (also requires removing XSA322-c and XSA325 to get a working build for
now).  Perhaps this may help with debugging xentools413 as well.

in this thread is discussed - if I'm not mistaken - that xenstored goes to 100% cpu when guests are started. I can reproduce this behavior even without any guests. I have a fresh NetBSD 9.1_STABLE (CVS sources from 01/31/2021) and Xen 4.13 from pkgsrc-2020Q4 (also CVS sources from 01/31/2021).

I have not yet been able to examine this more closely, but I wanted to ask if this also occurs with you, and if there is already a workaround. I would also be able to help with testing / debugging - the problem occurs on a currently non-productive system that can be restarted or updated at any time.

Kind regards
Matthias