Re: either xen or custom

Op Donnerstag, 14. Jänner 2021 09:21:09 CET schreef u:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 12:11:40AM +0100, lizbethmutterhunt%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
> > to make a long story short: either I get a lock (hard to avoid, not to be
> > unlimited with ulimit -l unlimited) or a boot of xen and a blank screen
> > with reboot after a 10 seconds with vga=current.
>
> Hello,
Hello Roger,

> Sorry for the delay on the reply. I'm afraid I will need more info in
> order to help diagnose your issue.
no matter, was occupied other ways; using VirtualBox at the moment, slow and
the hypervisor tends to make long waiting-times...

> How do you get the lock that you mention? Is it booting Xen, or just
> plain FreeBSD?
It's booting XEN, but not the CURRENT-kernel afterwards or it boots the
CURRENT but not xen. I have in /boot/loader.conf

xen_kernel="/boot/xen"
xen_cmdline="dom0_mem=4048M dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0=pvh com1=115200,8n1
guest_loglvl=all loglvl=all"
iommu="force,no-intremap"
if_tap_load="YES"
console=vga,com1
boot_multicons="YES"
boot_serial="YES"
console="comconsole,vidconsole"
vmm_load="YES"
vga=current

and in /etc/rc.conf:

xencommons_enable="YES"
cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
ifconfig_bridge0="addm bge0 SYNCDHCP"
ifconfig_bge0="up"

sudo ulimit -l
unlimited

sudo uname -a
FreeBSD freeBSD-CURRENT 13.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT #5 r368997: Tue Jan
12 13:46:33 CET 2021     lizbeth@freeBSD-CURRENT:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/
sys/LIZBETH  amd64

it's a no-debug kernel!

/etc/ttys
xc0     "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   on  secure

when booting without XEN I get the following with 'xl dmesg'

xencall: error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface /dev/
xen/privcmd: No such file or directory
libxl: error: libxl.c:102:libxl_ctx_alloc: cannot open libxc handle: No such
file or directory
cannot init xl context

a normal boot without xen is on pastebin (VERBOSE_SYSINIT=2)

https://pastebin.com/RN1SYXdW

> Do you have a serial console attached to the box so that we could
> see the log of Xen and FreeBSD booting?
how to? every time I boot into xen I have to zpool import -f and mount it from
rescue CD. Is there a log from the last boot somewhere? I duckduckgo'd a bit
but couldn't find anything else than the dmesg. As it is not a kernel crash
there's nothing in /var/crash and on /var/run I have the running boot inside.
Maybe you tell me how to show the log from the serial console; btw, I tried
both ways, only serial, only bios or both --- no matter, xen's booting,
screen's blanking for the "normal" kernel but nothing happens but a sudden
reboot. Is it on the /var/* somewhere when booting from resucue? btw, the
current images from beginning 2021 don't boot, turning root sign but blank
screen, no boot menue but steady access to USB-stick.

I thought that the XEN-log should be somewhere in the boot-directory but it's
empty but asking for IUMMO support when using both consoles, when serializing
xen boots successfully but rebooting afterwards.

> Thanks, Roger.
I have to tell you thank you.

byebye,

lizbeth